Tommorrow is USPTO Design DayBy Amanda Lewan on April 18th, 2016 /
Did you know Detroit is one of few cities around the country with a patent office? The Midwest Regional Office for the USPTO in Detroit is hosting an in-person breakout session featuring local practitioners, industrial designers and businesses in conjunction with the webcast being broadcasted from Alexandria, Virginia.
Spend the day at this free seminar with United States Patent and Trademark Office Design Examiners, Managers, Design Patent Practitioners and Industrial Designers from across the country. Join us for a lively and thought-provoking discussion about all aspects of design patents, from conception through enforcement. (There is no fee to attend; however, we ask that you register in advance.) No CLE credit is offered for this event.
- Developments at the USPTO including training of new design patent examiners, and the new ID5 initiative
- Updates on U.S. implementation of the Hague system from WIPO’s perspective
- Best practice tips and pitfalls of design patent prosecution from a panel of experienced practitioners and USPTO examiners
- From industry leaders about how to take a design from concept to patenting to enforcement
- Updates and changes to the MPEP and the effect on design practice
- Important design patent decisions over the past year, as summarized in the popular case law wrap-up
The USPTO is a federal facility and visitors are required to show a valid form of government issued ID (driver’s license or passport), and may be subject to security screening.
For parking information click here.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT) – Add to Calendar
WHERE: Midwest Regional U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – 300 River Place Suite 2900, Detroit, MI 48207 – View Map