This Week in Michigan Tech News 12.4By Amanda Lewan on December 4th, 2014 /
We do our best to cover innovative technologies and tech startups coming out of Michigan, but there’s always some news that slips under our radar. That’s why we’ve formed a media partnership with MITechnews.com and IT in the D, to help keep readers in tune with the latest tech news in Michigan.
Check out some of the latest stories around the web.
- A while back we covered the new product Hemingwrite an awesome new tool for writers who want to tune out of the digital world but still save their work on the cloud. Check out how the company is doing with their recent interview on the IT in the D Show.
- Venture capital in Michigan had a great year, and celebrated with a recent end of the year celebration. Read more about it on MI Tech News.
- The Venture Capital Association of Michigan has also named a new director for next year. Catch the story in Crain’s Detroit.
- Overall, there is good news that the economy is improving in most markets in Michigan. Read about it MI Tech News.
- The winner of the recent Detroit Startup Weekend is a startup with an app that makes virtual reality quite the reality. Check out their app called MagicBook in Daily Detroit.
Acquisitions & Exists
- The two year old startup Chalkfly which sold office supplies with a give back business model donating a portion of sales to schools has stated they’ve been acquired by Global Office Supplies. See their official announcement live on their site.
- Dan Gilbert’s private equity firm Rockbridge announces the official purchase of the Robb Report, with plans to add digital expansion in Xconomy Detroit.
Got a news tip for a us? Or a startup launching in your area? Contact us anytime with a story tip and make sure you’re subscribed to Michipreneur to keep up to date with the latest entrepreneur and small business news.