Founder of Audible to Speak at CREATE: Detroit June 30thBy Amanda Lewan on June 18th, 2015 /
This month a new idea festival for city buildings and urbanists will take place in Detroit. The inaugural CREATE: Detroit will feature several key speakers sharing best practices and ideas for how to build creative and more inclusive cities.
Tickets are on sale now for the first CREATE: Detroit on June 30 from 2:00-6:30 p.m. at the College for Creative Studies. Hosted by world-leading urbanist Richard Florida, the Creative Class Group and Rock Ventures, CREATE: Detroit will offer lessons learned from other great cities including, Miami, San Francisco, Detroit and Endeavor Global.
“Great cities shape their own narrative, and they create a new narrative for the world. Detroit is charting a new path back and a guide for other cities to follow,” explained Richard Florida, Director of the Martin Prosperity Institute at the University of Toronto.
Check out the list of speakers below:
- Richard Florida, Director, Martin Prosperity Institute at the University of Toronto
- Don Katz, Founder and CEO, Audible.com
- Jukay Hsu, Founder, Coalition for Queens
- Rana Florida, CEO, Creative Class Group
- Joanna Harries, Vice President, Endeavor Global
- Matt Haggman, Program Director, Knight Foundation
- Maggie Hsu, Chief of Staff, Las Vegas Downtown Project
- Robert Elmes, Executive Director, Galapagos Art Space
- Kim-Mai Cutler, Technology Journalist, Techcrunch
- Steven Pedigo, Director, Creative Class Group
- Melissa Price, CEO, dPOP!
- Justin Mast, Managing Director, M1/DTW
- Randall Fogelman, Vice President of Business Development, Detroit Eastern Market
- Matt Clayson, Director, Detroit Creative Corridor Center
- JJ Curis, Gallery Director, Library Street Collective
- Tiffany Massey, Fine Artist, Red Bull House of Art
- Garry Wasserman — Director, Wasserman Projects
- Amy Kaherl, Director, Detroit Soup
“We are committed to bringing the brightest minds to the city to continue to position Detroit as a place to be for world-class innovators,” said Rock Ventures Vice President Lisa Dancsok. “Events like CREATE: Detroit help charge the momentum and elevate Detroit on a national stage.”
For more information about CREATE: Detroit: www.create-detroit.com.