Feeling Unmotivated? Five Tips to Get You Back on TrackBy Yvelette Stines on March 20th, 2017 /
We are moving along in 2017. Spring is quickly approaching. Many of us set resolutions and goals at the beginning of the year. There are some of us are still on track, and there are others who might have lost some motivation. If you are one of the people who are feeling a little stuck, don’t be hard on yourself, you are human. We have five tips that will help you get back on track.
- Take a break – Do something completely opposite of your routine for a couple of hours. Sometimes our mind is bombarded with so much we feel like we don’t have the time or energy. Once you take a break, you will feel recharged. Exercise is a great way to recharge.
- Listen to motivational speakers/lectures – Sometimes people’s stories, words, and tips can help you get back on track. Make a list of your favorite podcasts and categorize them by topic so you know where to go when you need that motivational boost.
- Be grateful – We all get in a funk, feel overwhelmed, or in a space where we wonder why and how did we get here. Always remember, there is someone praying for something that you have. Don’t take anything for granted. Write down five things you are grateful for daily.
- Meditate – Taking time out to be still and center yourself can do wonders for your mind. If you are new to meditation, start with two minutes. Sit still and focus on your breathing. If you notice your breaths are short, try this exercise, breathe through your nose in for five seconds, hold it for five seconds, and breathe out, through your nose, for five seconds. Once your breathing is even, meditate.
- Write – Jotting down your thoughts and writing can be healing and help you reveal somethings that you might not have realized. Give yourself five minutes of free writing. You can start with prompts or answer the following questions.
It also helps to ask yourself key questions like: Where did my motivation go? How did I get here?What am I grateful for? What keeps me inspired and motivated? How can I motivate or help someone else?
These are five general tips that should help. If you see that your lack of motivation is something more than a short time funk, please seek professional help so you can get back to living the best life that you deserve.