Want to include an event of your own? Click here
- This event has passed.
Making It In Michigan
November 7 @ 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
The one-day event features morning and afternoon educational sessions that will concentrate on different business strategies covering the following:
• Determining when, why and how to work with a distributor
• Understanding the difference in retailers to garner more product sales
• Marketing to Millennials
• Mastering food photography for product promotion
• Learning more about Social Entrepreneurship in the Agri-food industry and how your business can create change
• Identifying what you need to know about the new FDA 2016 Nutrition Facts
• Exploring your options for business financing from traditional to equity resources
• Managing product costing templates and other related business costs
• Preparing for sound record keeping
• Understanding how the new MSU Food Processing and Innovation Center can help your processing and production needs
Conference participants will also have time to network with the winners of this year’s MSU Product Center awards and learn from their success stories. Awards will be presented for Entrepreneur of the Year, Start-up to Watch, Best Barrier Buster and Value-Added Agriculture. MSU Product Center innovation counselors and staff members, Product Center clients, business consultants, regulatory officials and food and farming groups will also be available to provide in-depth information and counseling.
The $85.00 per person conference registration fee includes breakfast, lunch, and educational sessions, digital copies of all presentations and reference materials and admission to the Marketplace trade show.
The Marketplace trade show in the afternoon will feature over 200 new and existing businesses that will be showcasing and sampling their Michigan-made food and agricultural products to the general public and Michigan-based food buyers. The trade show is free to the general public.