Want to include an event of your own? Click here
- This event has passed.
How to Secure Local & National Media Attention
December 17, 2015 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Gain exclusive access to inside knowledge on tactics for engaging and securing local and national media attention.
Learn how to become the person in your field reporters call while working under deadline pressure. Establishing a relationship with reporters is important for your organization. A journalist looking to interview an expert or a “person-on-street” can lead to free publicity.
Detroit Consulting, a group of experts in media, strategic communications, public relations and marketing, will partner with Bamboo Detroit to help your organization communicate better with traditional and nontraditional media outlets.
Media strategy, press release writing & timing, interviewing with media, spokesperson training, print, broadcast and online story placement.
(1) Master effective press release writing
(2) Understand how reporters evaluate your story ideas and pitches
(3) Incorporate effective strategies when pitching your story ideas
(4) Discover how to create your own media buzz
(5) Learn how to identify and engage nontraditional media publications
(1) Come ready to share a story or two about your experience contacting the media and (2) If you’d like to receive feedback on a press release and/or newsletter email no more than two examples firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Presenter:
Ben Bowman is a former broadcast journalist whose reports have aired on: CBS This Morning, Fox News, Yahoo News, HNL, AOL News, The Huffington Post and local news outlets across the country—reaching more than 25,000,000 people.
From White House press room Ben broke news of General Petraeus’ extramarital affair, Congress’ “Fiscal Cliff” negotiations and political stories during the 2012 presidential elections. In Chicago, Ben interviewed President Clinton during the 12th World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates.
While in Michigan, Ben interviewed Gov. Rick Snyder, Lt. Gov. Brian Calley, Sen. Gary Peters, Sen. Debbie Stabenow on various topics from road funding to campaigning to gay marriage. Ben is Detroit Consulting’s principal and founder. Ben has interviewed scores of locally and nationally elected officials across the state and country