- New Food Incubator Coming to DetroitPosted 14 hours ago
- Revitalizing Detroit One Neighborhood at a TimePosted 9 days ago
- Doodle Home: A Platform For CreativityPosted 10 days ago
- 6 Rules for Hiring a Startup InternPosted 12 days ago
- Apigee’s Free Mobile App Development Class Comes to DetroitPosted 16 days ago
- Lights, Camera, Michigan: Filming in the Mitten StatePosted 17 days ago
- Entrepreneurial Retreat For Moms in MichiganPosted 18 days ago
- 4 Questions To Ask In The Face Of FearPosted 21 days ago
- Startup Manufacturing in an Automotive WorldPosted 22 days ago
- Beyond Ruin Porn and Inside the Motor City MusePosted 23 days ago
5 Ways Detroit Businesses Visually Engage their Pinterest Fans
When you first discovered Pinterest, you may have fallen into a sexy honeymoon swoon that lasted for months.
Discovering new content is fun, and this visually attractive site is one luring way to discover new things. But don’t take for granted that it’s all about the looks. Once you understand how to use Pinterest for your business and how to work it into your content marketing calender, it’s time to engage your audience and keep them pining for your pins and products.
How can you have a long and fulfilling marketing relationship with this new friend? Many Detroit businesses are still very new to the site, but these five are off to good start when it comes to creating content magic.
5 Detroit Pinboards that Visually Engage their Audience
1. Solve Problems. This is what many Pinterest users look for. My Core Detroit is off to a good start by posting an Urban Living board showing users how to deal with some of the problems of urban living, including gardening or making good use of limited space.
2. Become a Source of Information. Pure Detroit shows a plethora of information on different Detroit related boards. Does your business have recipes? Informative tips? Quick, easy info in the form of a graphic or a video? Pinterest is made for sharing information.
4. Show the Story. Do you have valuable stories that can require strong imagery? How can you tell this story through Pinterest? What visuals represent it? Storytelling is an effective form of engagement for your business, and Pinterest can create new avenues for your story. Anymile Clothing from Detroit posts positive videos that are short, engaging and easy for pinners to watch. Make it too long and they’ll move back to the stream of pins behind them.
5. Show the History. If your brand, business, or people have been around for a while then they have a history with the company and the community. People dig history. Share this. It’s interesting, engaging, and personalizes your business. If you’re in Detroit then you are a part of a larger history. The Detroit News does a great job of this, but then again they’ve been around a long time reporting it.
Your content is what drives traffic through Pinterest and to your site. Make sure to take care and keep users interested.
It’s no fun when the honeymoon stage ends, and you start getting lazy.
Keep giving your pinners something good.
And make sure to join us on Pinterest here.