Desai Accelerator Announces Next Cohort and DirectorBy Amanda Lewan on January 25th, 2017 /
This week the Desai Accelerator announced its next round of startups and its new managing director, U-M alumna Angela Kujava, formerly the director of innovation for the global application development firm Logic Solutions. Angel has more than a decade of experience working with entrepreneurs, will build on the Desai program.
The next five early-stage startups participating will receive funding, office space in Ann Arbor, and mentorship through the Winter of 2017.
Meet the cohort below:
- Circadian Risk – risk analysis software for mobile devices to prepare for criminal and terrorist incidents
- FoodStand – an app for community-powered healthy eating challenges
- Sahi Cosmetics – a makeup line designed for olive- and yellow-undertoned skin
- ScoutDay – a recruiting network that connects high school athletes and college coaches
- Warmilu – an advanced therapeutic warming technology company that provides non-electric warming blankets for infants
The Desai Accelerator was launched to support new ventures at a critical stage in their development providing resources and guidance needed to grow. They will each receive $25,00 in seed funding, and access to resources that are valued at more than $500,000. The 2017 Winter program will run from January 24-April 21, and companies will participate in a Demo Day this May.
The past cohorts have included companies such as Companion, a person-to-person safety application that won the 2015 Michigan Business Challenge and has grown its user base to more than one million, and MySwimPro, a coaching app for swimmers named the Apple Watch App of 2016. Learn more about the accelerator at desaiaccelerator.umich.edu.