How can you make startup life a little easier? There’s usually a software or free resource online to help you out. Let us know if we’re missing anything from this list.
Website and Design
- WordPress — This is number one for flexibility with building your startup website or company blog. Easy to use, awesome SEO plugins, and wonderful designs.
- Themeforest.net — And the rest of the envato sister sites, including graphicriver.net, codecanyon.net, for wordpress themes.
- 99designs — For design help.
- Dafont.com — Free fonts.
- FontZone — More free fonts.
- Logotournament — Need to outsource your logo? We’ve see a few friends receive nice logos from this site.
- Adobe Creative Cloud — If you’re learning design, but don’t have the money for all of that software, Adobe creative cloud offers an affordable monthly subscription for you.
- FreshBooks — Accounting online.
- Xero Accounting — Accounting online.
- Free Agent — Accounting online.
- Visual.ly — Tell stories with data.
- Piktochart — Making pictures out of info.
- Infogram — Another great tool for infographics.
Photo and Video Tools
- PICFONT — Basic photo editing
- PicMonkey — Photo editing, collages, and more.
- sizzlepig — Photo editing.
- Pow Toon — Make a cool little graphic video for very inexpensive.
Social Media Tools
- HootSuite — This will help you schedule posts and manage social media accounts.
- Sprout Social— For a monthly fee, you can see more in depth who’s talking about your company. The reporting tool is awesome and we highly recommend it.
- SEOMOZ — For measuring your search results.
- Universal Business Listing — For getting local SEO listings across 100’s of sites.
- Google Keyword Tool — See what words others are searching for.
- Google Trends — Great for researching search trends by location and over time.
- Google Analytics — Measure traffic to your website.
Management & Other
- Basecamp — You must have basecamp. You can collaborate on docs, upload work, etc. They just launched their mobile app too.
- FreeConference — Free conference calls.
- Survey Monkey — Great for recording info, taking surveys.
- AdRoll — Good for ads online.
- Michigan Made: Quotegine— Branded software for creating quotes for clients. If your startup uses quotes this tool will save you time.
- Michigan Made: We Clock Best — A Michigan made software for clocking time.
- Live Plan — For creating your business plan.
Photo via Piktochart.