11 New Startups Join Techstars Mobility DetroitBy Amanda Lewan on July 27th, 2017 /
The third class of Detroit’s Techstars Mobility was announced last week, welcoming a total of eleven new companies to Downtown Detroit.
Techstars Mobility brings entrepreneurs from all around the world to Detroit to work on a concept that innovates the way that goods and people are transported around the world. The program has a wide interpretation of movement, with many successful graduates going on to raise funding and growing in Metro Detroit like SPLT or Lunar Labs. Below is the new class.
- Busbot (New York City): Helps transportation companies optimize their supply decisions to better respond to consumer demand.
- Carma (Washington DC): Monthly car subscriptions. An affordable monthly fee to drive any of our cars with insurance, maintenance and roadside assistance.
- cycuro (Tel Aviv, Israel): Protects mobility companies from cybersecurity threats to data, systems, and services.included.
- Damon X Labs (Vancouver, Canada): Proactive sensor-driven safety systems for motorcycles.
- Derq (Dubai, UAE): MIT spin-off with a mission to eliminate road accidents and save lives by using artificial intelligence and V2X communication technologies.
- EcoG (Munich, Germany): Customized EV fast charging experience through a PaaS for value added services & shared revenue streams.
- Fathom (Grand Rapids, MI): Future of underwater adventure through an affordable, easy to use, underwater drone.
- Gridwise (Pittsburgh, PA): Peer-to-peer platform for on-demand drivers that improves their performance and overall driving experience.
SEEVA (Seattle, WA): Visibility for mobility. Our ecosystem of patented technologies cleans windshields, LED headlights, cameras and sensors fast – so drivers don’t have to scrape or wipe.
- Vartega (Golden, CO): Creates low-cost recycled carbon fiber for vehicle lightweighting to enable mobility solutions such as battery technology, connectivity, and autonomy.
Learn more about the Techstars Mobility program here, a part of the national Techstars program.